Saturday 10 December 2011

'becoming poorer, losing its identity'


The best pier in the worst storm by David Gray

















If you are an insomniac like me, one useful thing to do during the shipping forecast are your arm exercises.

You might whack your partner a few times, but it will stop the snoring, for a bit.

I had the 3rd chemo yesterday and I now know what 'near the knuckle' means. The canula was attached between two knuckles for 'a good vein' and it hurt, a lot. The good news: I have felt nauseous but have not been sick yet. The bad news: I will not be boogying on New Years Eve as the 4th chemo is on 30th December.

I rang the people at the Benefit Centre as my doctor has given me a sick note for the next four months. Trouble is who do I give it to? me? After a long phone call, I still have to give further information about the mortgage haha, pension hahaha etc hohoho. And of course, be available for work... might be worth doing just to be sick over the boss.

Apparently on the 'Benefit' computer, (strange name), I can only be English, Welsh or Scottish. There isn'y a tick box for 1/2 English, 1/2 Scottish. Apologies Scottish cousins.

No comments: