Monday 2 September 2013

Happy Anniversary tit

Two years ago today I had two tits, now I celebrate the day only having one. But as my exasperated GP says "at least your alive." "Huh" I say.

The pert 'Softie' which I was given at the hospital to bulk out one empty side of my bra was obviously designed for a bright young thing, not a going south middle aged woman who has breast-fed three children. I find the front fastening bras are the easiest to cope with.  www.edenhouse-online.co.uk  have comfy bras. The free prosthetic is fine to wear when you have to look 'normal' but mine tends to go for a wander and the detachable nipple does just that, falls off. Maybe it too has past it's shelf life.

I do still feel weird and have been offered counselling, but what am I going to say to them? I don't expect them to grow me another one and cure cancer at the same time. I could not take reconstruction, the idea of having one tit that just stays there whilst the other continues on it's journey downhill would be dreadful. I'm taking anastrozole for years which is better than tamoxifen (for me) as that caused the blood clot which then caused the pulmonary embolism so currently I don't fancy any more surgery.

But it's a sunny day so I have been chopping things in the garden, just to continue the theme. 

No comments: