Saturday 9 November 2013

Testing times




Along with all this fasting lark, last week I had a neurological assessment. For two hours. Try reading the above aloud as quickly as possible, but say the actual colours, not the word.

And that was one of the easy exercises. The rest was something between an English A level and double maths. I had to remember phone numbers which were spoken to me and I had to repeat them, but backwards. Aaagggghhhh!

Although I have to wait for my exam results, the neurologist highlighted my problems with planning, organising and assembling. Yup, the old man could have told them that. I am untidy. At least now I can say it's not untidy, just cognitive impairment.

The solution, I have to 'work through a step-by-step problem-solving strategy.' So crosswords it is then. However, I like the idea that it's my 'executive junctions' which have gone off the rails.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: