Saturday 5 April 2014

Hot and cross




Everything I have tried to do today has gone wrong. All cars are Brighton bound so there is nowhere to park. Anywhere.

Once home, I wanted to add some Spring colour to this gloomy day by simply putting a couple of pots of daffs on the mantlepiece. It was a disaster waiting to happen. All I was trying to do was cheer the place up a bit and then the old man had to "help" by saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. "Are you a bit tired?" Under normal circumstances this would have been deemed compassionate, almost loving. To me it was a red rag to a bull as I continued to knock delicate mementos into the full coal scuttle and spill water everywhere else.


As I was planning the next offensive, the old man de-cluttered the mantlepiece, de-fleaed the cats, went to the dump with all my garden rubbish and then started making hot cross buns.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: