Wednesday 10 April 2013

Come fly with me



Patience of a saint or should that be patients of a saint? We all wanted to see the oncologist on Monday and it was a long old waiting game. Hours and hours we all waited... I read three 1986 Vogues from cover to cover, when I finally got to see him I had forgotten all the things I wanted to ask him.

So rule number one - make a list and write down the answers.

What I meant to tell him was:
My energy goes after 1/2 an hour,
No power in legs above knee,
Shakey hands,
Walking short distances then fatigued,
Off zopiclone, on sertraline,
Still breathless, warfarin levels vary, any kind of checkup?
When next mammogram?

And the good news? I was examined just to make sure the boob hadn't grown back and I made him laugh when I said I had worn my detachable nipple just for him. The nurse even blushed!

And I'm finishing warfarin at the end of April, hoorah, so I can go somewhere hot in a plane without exploding. I'm having another mammogram in six months so that will be half the pain it used to be.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: