Thursday 3 October 2013

9lbs lost so far.



Sometimes it seems like all good authors come from Brighton, they may well do, and here's another one, Mimi Spencer.

When Dr Michael Mosley (an overweight diabetic) filmed his ideas and experiences about fasting last year there was little idea about the impact the film would have. When I featured his findings on my blog, it turned out to be the most popular blog I had ever written. I promised myself I would try the fast diet but didn't. It was only when a very good (skinny) friend dropped his book through my letterbox a couple of months ago that I ran out of excuses.

I have unfortunately been mostly inactive for the last two years and as a result the weight has piled on, about a stone a year. It made no sense for my health or happiness to continue in this way. Cancer likes fat, MS likes fat, DVT's like fat and coating my internal organs with it also makes no sense. Although I swim twice a week and exercise as well, it's not enough to shift the pounds.

Then a couple of months ago I saw 'the fast diet recipe book' at my skinny friends house. It's a great book for the two days a week when you fast. You obviously can still eat something on those days (about 500 calories) it's just important to have nutritious food which is well balanced and the book includes recipes which are delicious. The old man took some convincing but when he could see that the weight loss was making me feel and look better, he started to look at the recipes and stopped scoffing.

Today is fast day and I'm having chicken Puttanesca for my supper.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: