Monday 6 February 2012

Equipoise

Just seen the onc and we are in an equipoise situation so I'm now in a supremo clinical trial.

Clinical equipoise means there is genuine uncertainty over whether a treatment will be beneficial.

"If the clinician knows, or has good reason to believe, that a new therapy (A) is better than another therapy (B), he cannot participate in a comparative trial of Therapy A versus Therapy B. Ethically, the clinician is obligated to give Therapy A to each new patient with a need for one of these therapies."

still awake? So I might have radiotherapy, I might not.

My one hairy leg was described as a miracle of modern science. I impressed the onc so much with my grasp of the situation that I was even offered a consulting room of my own. For a clever onc, he could also laugh which we agreed was the most important thing.

No comments: