Tuesday 31 July 2012

sage advice



Oh this sounds a cure; take Tamoxifen, Tamoxifen brings on the menopause, Tamoxifen makes you gain up to 40lbs, Tamoxifen makes you feel like jumping off Beachy Head...

Tired of the short gray hair and enormous weight gain, even though I am trying to swim as often as I can. Then I read something Jennifer Saunders said when she had to take tamoxifen, apparently no one tells you about the side effects, otherwise no one would take it for five years.




I'm carrying on being a guinea pig and am taking sage to try and ward off the hot sweats. I'll let you know if it helps.

But feeling somewhat tested by all those fit olympians.

McGoogle offered this bit of Tamoxifen induced dietary advice; (a few weird products and I've no idea what they are, but what harm can 'pam' do?).
Yanky Google Dandy Diet
Water - 8 - 10 glasses of water
Warm water and quarter lemon squeezed in water
I have one glass a day of V8, low sodium tomato juice. I add 1 oz of aloe (supplement)
I use unsweetened almond milk in my coffee and cereal - 40 calories per cup
Breakfast
1 package of unsweetened oatmeal (Trader Joe's) with 1 cup of fruit (strawberries or blue or blackberries), 1/2 package of stevia (natural sugar sweetener) and cinnamon
I use 1 tablespoon of chia seeds on my cereal.
OR
3 egg whites. I spray the pan with pam. Sometimes I add peppers and onions and some Rao sauce on top
Can have 2 slices of turkey bacon
OR
3 egg whites in a coffee cup sprayed with pam. Put in microwave for 2 to 3 minutes. Cover first with plate. Sometimes I saute some vegetable in pam to put over the eggs and add some tomato sauce. It comes out like an egg mcmuffin.
OR
Barbara's cereal (original or with cinnamon). I buy it in Trader Joe's and some super markets or any cereal that has 5 g or less of sugar and 5 g or more fiber
Snack
1 piece of fruit (apple or orange or other fruit) plus one package of 100 calorie Emerald almonds or 25 pistachio nuts
OR
2 teaspoons of peanut butter mixed with 1 cup of plain non fat yogurt
OR
Baked apple with cinnamon and 1 tablespoon chopped nuts
Lunch
Veggie burger - I mix my own sauce of gray poupon mustard, horseradish sauce to taste and a few drops of hot red pepper sauce. This pretty much has no calories.
I make a salad with it. The dressing I use (from my nutritionist) are equal amounts of rice vinegar, balsamic vinegar and water. Has hardly no calories and it is pretty good.
Sometimes for lunch I have a salad with above dressing and chic peas (which is my protein).
I buy a lot of barbecued chickens and just add it to a salad or mix it with mustard and some grapes. At times, I have added some fat free mayonnaise and pepper. I hardly ever add salt.
Shrimp - either fresh or steamed
You can have salmon or fillet fish. I only eat shrimp.
Snack
Glenny's soy chips
popcorn with parmesean cheese
fruit
almonds
smoothie
any of the above snacks
Dinner
any protein, chicken, fish, chic peas. I use lunch and dinner interchangeable.
vegetables - spaghetti squash, artichokes, asparagus, broccoli, brussel sprouts, carrots, cauliflower, celery, cucumber, green beans, lettuce, mushrooms, okra, onion, peppers, radishes, spinach, sugar snap peas, tomatoes, zucchini
Have a snack after dinner. It is about 1200 to 1500 calories per day.
No white potatoes.
Hope this stops you jumping.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: