Saturday 4 August 2012

Chariots of fire



My old man finally had his moment of glory, cycling in the velodrome, in front of those lovely boys and just a few billion viewers.

It took me ages to sew the black lycra catsuit. He kept complaining about it being too tight and I had to keep letting it out. He wanted Stella to have a look but I said NO, she'd laugh at my dreadful hemming. I thought he looked very smart and I promised not to call him Il Duce.

During the ride of his life, he was terribly serious but he told me later that he was concentrating on not falling off. I was very proud. He was going for gold but when he went the wrong way those scallywags started cycling really really fast. Anyway, he had his moment of glory.

I think the sage tablets might be causing me to hallucinate, my son got them for me... ...he said they were sage pills.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: