Monday 7 November 2011

chemo 'baby brain' and the bits no-one tell you about

nobody tells you about the 'baby brain'. Thanks.* I think like childbirth, everyone forgets the bad bits. I thought I was going mad. Currently I have No memory at all, then a few lucid moments when I think all this isn't really happening...

CONSTIPATION
anything with codeine in it is going to bung you up. Senna is best, or Ayrton as we call it.
MOUTH ULCERS
they creep up on you and then you can't eat a thing. Bonjela Complete plus
(another daft name) and the 'temporary discomfort sensation' is code for it hurts like hell.
COLD FINGERS
no idea why this happens but it does.
PARACETAMOL WITH CAFFEINE
not a good idea after lunchtime

*Thanks, lovely Lisa, the Macmillan nurse. Macmillan are brilliant and need any spare dosh you may have.

No comments: