Sunday 13 November 2011

Closest I'll get to Brazil

The books said 10 to 14 days after the first session of chemo, and they were right, they just didn't say how... Like most, i was dreading the hair loss. I knew it was going to happen I just didn't know when. According to all the clever chaps, it was all coming off, no chemo cap was going to get in the way of this baby. And an extremely large baby is what I am going to look like.

All the books say you'll lose your hair but it will grow back, maybe curly...

I wanted to know how it falls out. Do you wake up one morning shivering and think 'oh that's right all my hairs gone?' Not in my case...  it doesn't come out in one go. It chooses a location.

Now unhairy legs would be good. Even though winter's here, no. Susie would prefer me with unhairy arms, sorry Sooz, not yet... Put it this way, I'll never have to wax my bikini line again (for folks who know me, they know how hysterically funny that idea really is.)
I was sometimes called Smithy, now it's Sniffy. And I haven't got a cold, the runny nose is cos there's no hair in my nostrils.


Maybe now I should be called Tin Tin.

No comments: